Grant Denyer's heartbreak: It's over! | New Idea Magazine.
Who Magazine: Celebrity News, Photos & Entertainment.
Channel 10 has confirmed that Dancing with the Stars will not be returning in 2021.
'We have decided to hang up our dancing shoes, lycra pants and sequined jackets for the time being,' a network spokesperson told it Australia on Thursday.
'We would like to express our sincere thanks and gratitude to all those involved in the show, in particular Amanda Keller and Grant Denyer, who were fabulous hosts, as well as all the judges, dancers, the stars and of course the crew.'
It comes days after reports surfaced claiming that judge Tristan MacManus being scouted to host Studio 10 was a sign Dancing with the Stars' days were numbered.
'DWTS is gone. It won't be back and that is why Tristan is on Studio 10, as he has a network contract and they can't just get rid of him,' a source told New Idea.
Dancing with the Stars originally aired from 2004 to 2015 on Channel Seven, before moving to Channel 10 in 2019 with new hosts Grant Denyer and Amanda Keller.
Last year's series saw comedian Celia Pacquola, 37, take the crown alongside her professional dance partner Jarryd Byrne.
Earlier this year, the coronavirus pandemic forced the show to be filmed without a studio audience for its later episodes.
While it wasn't a ratings flop for Channel 10 - its 2020 finale was watched by a respectable 635,000 viewers - the numbers didn't justify the budget required to produce a weekly live broadcast complete with celebrity salaries.
The cancellation means host Grant will be suddenly without a job for the fourth time since joining Channel 10 in 2014.
His previous shows Family Feud, The Great Australian Spelling Bee and Game of Games have all been given the boot.